DESCRIPTION: Seeking self-motivated team player with a passion for inspiring healthful eating among youth and promoting local agriculture.
- Provide lessons to students on healthy eating and natural foods
- Develop Harvest of the Month materials
- Work with school food service staff to source local foods
- Plan community events that promote farm to school
- Oversee school gardens and community volunteers
Additional information through Crawford County UW-Extension call 608-326-0223.
BENEFITS: AmeriCorps member will receive a small bi-weekly stipend, student loan deferment, and a $3047.50 education award at the end of service. Other benefits include professional development and the opportunity to serve the community.
- To apply please submit a resume and a letter of interest including a statement explaining why you think farm-to-school is important for Crawford County schools to Amy Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Crawford County UW Extension, 225 N. Beaumont Rd., Prairie du Chien, WI 53821.
- Emailed applications are preferred.
For more information 608-326-0223 or email Amy Mitchell
This program is available to all, without regards to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, political affiliation or religion.