Cake Decorating Challenge
Calling all Cake Artists! Time to perfect your cake decorating skills and enter this year’s cake decorating contest. All 4-H members are welcomed!
Few Rules for this contest:
- Cakes must be decorated out of the baking pan. Be mindful of choice of plate or cardboard for cake display. Exhibitors need to be present during judging, however it will not be the traditional face to face judging as in past years. Physical distancing and healthy safety precautions will be in place. Participants will be notified of precautions ahead of contest. Cakes are judged on creativity, skill level, cake appearance and frosting colors. HAVE FUN!! Need some help or ideas – give Rhonda Cerven, 4-H Cake Decorating Project Leader a call at 608-379-3091.
- Decorated Cookie(s)
- Decorated Cupcake(s)
- Character cake, molded pan, using decorator tips
- Any other cake, may use other edible items as decorations, using decorator tips
- Any other cake, may use other edible items as decorations, not using decorator tips
- Special occasion cake (ex. Birthday, Christmas, etc.)
- Creative cut-out cake may be your own design
- Gingerbread house or other structured cake; may use other edible items for decorations
- Cookie Display; use a minimus of 20 cookies to create a picture such as a Christmas Wreath
- Layer cake using flowers (layer cake consist of one or more cakes put together)
- Any cake decorated with primarily fondant
- 3 or more cupcakes, decorated
Do you want to particapte in the the Cake Decorating Challenge and don’t have a pan? Do not worry, Crawford County 4-H has over 100 cake pans for you to choose from. To view the pans check out this gallery or call the Extension Crawford County office at 326-0224 to view the binder of pans. Once you have chose a pan you will need to schedule a time with Rhonda to pick up the pan.