Program Dates 2015-2016
(Almost) Always the Second Wednesday!
Oct 7, 2015: Understanding Our Region, Sparta (Note the Date!)
Nov 18, 2015: Rural Healthcare, Prairie du Chien (Note the Date!)
Dec 9, 2015: Education, Viroqua
Jan 13, 2016: Webinar: Participant Selected Topics
Feb 10, 2016: Rural Development, Gays Mills
Mar 10, 2016: State Government, Madison
Apr 14, 2016: Agriculture and Agritourism, Warrens
May 12, 2016: Economic and Community Development and Graduation, Viroqua
During the 2015-2016 Program Year, we will focus on developing a wide variety of leadership skills, tailored specifically to both our adult and youth participants.
- Running an Effective Meeting
- Civility in Your Organization
- Managing Work-Life Balance
- Advocating for Yourself
- Building an Effective Team
Goals and ObjectivesGoal #1: Increase community leadership capacity in the Crawford-Monroe-Vernon Region.
• Participants will assume new leadership roles in their community, work, or personal lives.
• Participants will report greater success in leadership positions and/or in working as part of a team.
Goal #2: Build leadership skills that help participants succeed in all facets of life.
• Participants will gain skills that improve their ability to work as part of a team and manage differences.
• Participants will gain knowledge and skills that help them be active and engaged members of their communities.
As a participant there are a few things expected of you. The CMV Leadership Program is a team, and like any good team we give everyone an opportunity to lead.You will:
1. Work in a small group to prepare and lead a discussion of a monthly topic. The group will research the topic, send readings and a discussion guide out ahead of time, and facilitate the day’s discussion of the topic. You will also lead a wrap-up of the day.
2. Work in a small group to research, prepare and deliver a webinar on a topic of the group’s choice. The goal is to give participants experience working collaboratively with technology.
3. Attend every session. In addition to making sure you get the most from the program, we base things like meal counts and copies of materials on our expected numbers. If you are unable to attend a session please contact the Program Facilitator as early as possible and obtain an excused absence.The CMV Advisory Board understands this is a major time commitment, and will give you time to work together in your groups at every face-to-face session, minimizing research and meeting in your spare time.