- December 10 – Clothing Project Meeting, Co Hwy Dept. 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- December 13 – Virtual International Exploration – 7:30 p.m.
- December 23-26 – Extension Office Closed
- December 27 – Club Officer Training – 3:00-5:00 p.m. Crawford Co. Hwy Dept., Seneca; Register at: https://go.wisc.edu/wz045k
- December 27 – Older Youth Social – 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Crawford Co. Hwy Dept., Seneca; https://go.wisc.edu/wz045k
- December 28 – YQCA Training – 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. – Crawford Co. Hwy Dept., Seneca; Register at: https://yqcaprogram.org/
- January 2 – Extension Office Closed
- January 2 – 4-H Leader’s Association Meeting, Crawford Co. Hwy Dept, Seneca 7:30 p.m.
- January 16 – Extension Office Closed
- January 20 – Music Festival Registration Due – Register at https://go.wisc.edu/3a0b07
- January 28 – Music Festival – North Crawford School, 9:30 a.m.
- February 4 – State 4-H Meats Judging contest – UW-Madison Meat Science and Animal Biologics Discovery Building; more information: https://4h.extension.wisc.edu/opportunities/statewide-events-and-opportunities/meats-judging-contest/
- February 5 – County Ice Skating Day – Viroqua Ice Rink; 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- February 13 – 4-H Leader’s Association Meeting, Crawford County Hwy Dept., Seneca, 7:30 p.m.
- February 25 – 4-H Dairy Quiz Bowl, UW-Green Bay, STEM Innovation Center; more information: https://4h.extension.wisc.edu/opportunities/statewide-events-and-opportunities/dairy-quiz-bowl/
- March 2 – YQCA Training, Century Hall, Wauzeka – 3:45-5:15 p.m. Register at: https://yqcaprogram.org/
- March 7 – Countywide Speaking and Demonstration Contest, 6:30 p.m. – Crawford County Adminstration Building, Prairie du Chien
- March 13 – 4-H Leader’s Association Meeting, Crawford Co. Hwy Dept., Seneca, 7:30 p.m.
- March 18 – Countywide Project Discovery Day; Location: TBD
- April 1 – Scholarship Applications Due
- April 7 – Extension Office Closed
- April 10 – YQCA, Seneca, Crawford Co. Hwy Dept Conference Rm, 6:00-7:30 p.m. Register at: https://yqcaprogram.org/
- April 10 – Executive Board Meeting – Review Scholarships – 7:00 p.m.
- April 10 – 4-H Leader’s Association Meeting, Crawford Co. Hwy Dept, Seneca – 7:30 p.m.
- April 14-19 – National 4-H Conference, Washington D.C.; more information: https://4h.extension.wisc.edu/opportunities/statewide-events-and-opportunities/national-4-h-conference/
- April 20-24 – Space Camp, Huntsville, AL; more information: https://4h.extension.wisc.edu/opportunities/statewide-events-and-opportunities/space-camp/
- May 8 – 4-H Leaders Association Meeting, Crawford County Hwy. Dept. 7:30 p.m.
- June 11-13 – 4-H Summer Camp, Upham Woods, Wisconsin Dells
- June 11 – 4-H Leaders Associaiton Meeting, Crawford County Hwy Dept., Seneca 7:30 p.m.
- June 19-22 – Summer Academy Conference, Madison, WI; more information: https://4h.extension.wisc.edu/opportunities/statewide-events-and-opportunities/summer-academy/
- June 24-July 1 – Citizenship Washington Focus, Washington D.C. more information: https://4h.extension.wisc.edu/opportunities/statewide-events-and-opportunities/citizenship-washington-focus/
- June 2-11; 9-18; 16-25 – American Spirit East; more information: https://4h.extension.wisc.edu/opportunities/statewide-events-and-opportunities/american-spirit-east/
- July 4 – Extension Office Closed
- July 10 – 4-H Leaders Association Meeting, Crawford County Hwy Dept. 7:30 p.m.
- August 3-13 – Wisconsin State Fair; more information: https://wistatefair.com/fair/home/
- August 14 – 4-H Leaders Association Meeting, Crawford County Hwy Dept. 7:30 p.m.
- August 24-27 – Crawford County Fair, Buckets, Boots, and Country Roots; more information: https://crawfordcountywisconsinfair.com/
- September 4 – Extension Office Closed
- September 11 – 4-H Leaders Association Meeting, Crawford County Hwy Dept. 7:30 p.m.
- October – Record Books due to Club leader this month, check with your leader when your clubs are due! More information: https://crawford.extension.wisc.edu/4-h-youth-development/forms-applications/
- October 9 – 4-H Leaders Association Meeting, Crawford County Hwy Dept. 7:30 p.m.
- October 15 – Re-enrollment for the 2023-24 4-H year due; To enroll visit: https://wi.4honline.com/#/user/sign-in
- November 13 – 4-H Leaders Association Meeting, Crawford County Hwy Dept. 7:30 p.m.
- November 23-24 – Extension Office Closed
- November 24-28 – National 4-H Congress, Atlanta, GA; more information: https://4h.extension.wisc.edu/opportunities/statewide-events-and-opportunities/national-4-h-congress/
- December 22-25 – Extension Office Closed
How to Join and Enroll in 4-H:
- To join Crawford County 4-H contact a General Leader from the table below and let them know you are interested in joining their club. The leader will give you the specific details on when club meeting occur and other events in the club.
|Club||Location||General Leader||Phone Number|
|Country Cuzz||Mt. Zion Area||Gale
|Eastman Cloverleaf||Eastman Area||Janefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Happy Hi-Liters||Seneca Area||Cindyemail@example.com|
|Nifty Neighbors||Gays Mills Area||Lizfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|North Clayton Cardinals||Soldiers Grove Area||Margaretemail@example.com|
|Steuben River Runners||Steuben Area||Amyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wonder Workers||Prairie du Chien Area||Stephemail@example.com|
- After you talk to the general leader, enroll your family in 4-H Online, by going to https://wi.4honline.com
- New enrollments are accepted all year. Previous members need to be enrolled by October 15 of the previous year.
There are two deadlines – the enrollment deadline and the project selection deadline. In order to exhibit at the 2023 Crawford County Fair, previous members need to complete the enrollment process by October 15, 2022.This year, project selection needs to be finalized by June 1, 2023. This means you have from the time you enroll until June 1, 2023 to add switch, or delete projects. Remember that you need to be enrolled in a project in 4-H in order to exhibit in that department at the Crawford County Fair.
Here are some important tips and reminders to help ensure your 4-H Online enrollment is completed correctly:
- Contact Information: Review your family and individual profile and make sure that all contact information is accurate.
- Code of Conduct: Read through the 4-H code of conduct with your child. Remember you are signing that you have read, understand, and agree to uphold this code.
Once your enrollment is complete, the Extension-Crawford County staff will approve your enrollment.
Crawford County 4-H Policies:
- Youth in grades 5K-2nd grade are Cloverbuds, Kindergarten members must be 5 years old.
- Individual 4-H Clubs can develop their own rules and requirements for members at the beginning of the 4-H year and on file at the Crawford County Extension office by December 31st of the current year. All new 4-H members must be informed of these rules and requirements prior to joining the club.
- Active members – should participate in more that 25% of the clubs activities attend at least 50% of the meetings, participate in at least 2 county events, and hand in a record book. They will be considered for awards for the Awards Program. Active members will have priority for trips, and only active members are eligible for trip reimbursements, financial support and/or scholarships from the 4-H Leaders’ Association.
- Passive member – are members who do not meet the requirements of an Active member. For instance, they may participate in less than 25% of the clubs activities (example: only participates in the fair or shooting sports, etc.) Passive members are ineligible for trip reimbursement, financial support and/or scholarships from the 4-H Leaders’ Association.
4-H Club Projects:
Related Links of Interest:
- 4-H National Web Portal: http://4-h.org/ is your one-stop shop for 4-H Web sites.
- National 4-H Supply
- Extension 4-H County Sites
- Wisconsin 4-H
If you have any questions about Crawford County 4-H, please contact:
Amy Mitchell, 4-H Youth Development Educator
Extension Crawford County
225 N. Beaumont Rd, Suite 240
Prairie du Chien, WI 53821