- July 18 – Dog Project Practice – 6:00 p.m.
- July 19-23 – Explore 4-H Day Camp, Hoffman Hall, Prairie du Chien – 12:30 – 4:00 p.m. – https://go.wisc.edu/roea8c
- July 20 – Locker Plant Tour – Solar Meats, Soldiers Grove, 5:30 p.m. https://go.wisc.edu/rkvmu2
- July 25 – Dog Project Practice – 6:00 p.m.
- July 29 – Food, Cake & Clothing Revue – Century Hall, Wauzeka, 6:30 p.m.
- August 2 – Cloverbud Camp at Fairgrounds – 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. https://go.wisc.edu/98drm2
- August 3 – Teen Court Juror Training
- August 7 – Crawford County Fair Clean-up Day
- August 9 – Leaders’ Association Meeting – 7:30 p.m.
- August 21 – Crawford County Fair Horse Show
- August 26-29 – Crawford County Fair
- September 3 – Key Award Resume and Cover Letter due
- September 13 – Key Award Interviews, 7:00 p.m.
- September 13 – Leaders’ Association Meeting 7:30 p.m.
- September 27 – Awards Day Paperwork due to office from Leaders
How to Join and Enroll in 4-H:
- To join Crawford County 4-H contact a General Leader from the table below and let them know you are interested in joining their club. The leader will give you the specific details on when club meeting occur and other events in the club.
|Club||Location||General Leader||Phone Number|
|Country Cuzz||Mt. Zion Area||Gale
|Crazy Clovers||Wauzeka Area||Amandaemail@example.com|
|Eastman Cloverleaf||Eastman Area||Janefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Happy Hi-Liters||Seneca Area||Cindyemail@example.com|
|Nifty Neighbors||Gays Mills Area||Lizfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|North Clayton Cardinals||Soldiers Grove Area||Margaretemail@example.com|
|Steuben River Runners||Steuben Area||Donnafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wonder Workers||Prairie du Chien Area||Stephemail@example.com|
- After you talk to the general leader, enroll your family in 4-H Online, by going to https://wi.4honline.com
- New enrollments are accepted all year. Previous members need to be enrolled by December 31 of the previous year.
There are two deadlines – the enrollment deadline and the project selection deadline. In order to exhibit at the 2021 Crawford County Fair, previous members need to complete the enrollment process by December 31, 2020.This year, project selection needs to be finalized by June 1, 2021. This means you have from the time you enroll until June 1, 2021 to add switch, or delete projects. Remember that you need to be enrolled in a project in 4-H in order to exhibit in that department at the Crawford County Fair.
Here are some important tips and reminders to help ensure your 4-H Online enrollment is completed correctly:
- Contact Information: Review your family and individual profile and make sure that all contact information is accurate.
- Code of Conduct: Read through the 4-H code of conduct with your child. Remember you are signing that you have read, understand, and agree to uphold this code.
Once your enrollment is complete, the Extension-Crawford County staff will approve your enrollment.
Crawford County 4-H Policies:
- Youth in grades 5K-2nd grade are Cloverbuds, Kindergarten members must be 5 years old.
- Individual 4-H Clubs can develop their own rules and requirements for members at the beginning of the 4-H year and on file at the Crawford County Extension office by December 31st of the current year. All new 4-H members must be informed of these rules and requirements prior to joining the club.
- Active members – should participate in more that 25% of the clubs activities attend at least 50% of the meetings, participate in at least 2 county events, and hand in a record book. They will be considered for awards for the Awards Program. Active members will have priority for trips, and only active members are eligible for trip reimbursements, financial support and/or scholarships from the 4-H Leaders’ Association.
- Passive member – are members who do not meet the requirements of an Active member. For instance, they may participate in less than 25% of the clubs activities (example: only participates in the fair or shooting sports, etc.) Passive members are ineligible for trip reimbursement, financial support and/or scholarships from the 4-H Leaders’ Association.
4-H Club Projects:
Related Links of Interest:
- 4-H National Web Portal: http://4-h.org/ is your one-stop shop for 4-H Web sites.
- National 4-H Supply
- Extension 4-H County Sites
- Wisconsin 4-H
If you have any questions about Crawford County 4-H, please contact:Amy Mitchell, 4-H Youth Development Agent
Crawford County UW-Extension
225 N. Beaumont Rd, Suite 240
Prairie du Chien, WI 53821