When you became a parent, did you receive specific training on how to handle temper tantrums, how to manage complex family budgets with limited resources, how to deal with the needs of a teenager and how to prepare your child for the real world? Probably not!
Most careers provide and even require on-going professional development. Why should it be any different for you as a leader in your family? You will find parenting education can give you ideas and tips AND make parenting FUN! With that in mind, we are continuously working on opportunities that will allow you to access information when you want it to help reduce the stress parenting brings, add more fun to your family, and help you transition through changes that occur.
- Two great parenting online offerings: eParenting®, an excellent resource on how to connect with your teens through technology. MyParenthetical is a place where parents of tweens and teens can learn, share and connect.
- Expecting a baby, parenting a toddler or preschooler – Just In Time Parenting provides information when you need it!
- Parenting a Preschooler? This website will provide fact sheets and other excellent information that should help you in the Preschooler parenting stage of life.
- Needing information across a wide span of ages? Check out Parenting and Family Relationships.
- Experiencing a family transition such as divorce, separation, change in custody? Parents Forever™ offers excellent resources to families experiencing such transitions. Stay tuned for up-coming classes including Love and Logic® available in Crawford County – Please check back often!
- Are you looking for parent savvy ways to build, nurture and connect with your developing teens through use of technology. eParenting® aims to show that digital media can be a positive and powerful parenting tool!
- MyParenthetical is a place where you can share your parenting thoughts and questions, connect with other parents who are experiencing similar issues, and receive trustworthy information on parenting and teen development?
Just in Time Parenting is a free parenting newsletter that is delivered by email and specific to a child’s age and needs. They are designed so that information that’s relevant to your family is automatically delivered to you just in time!
Each issue includes:
- Easy to use guides on how your child is developing
- Tips on raising a healthy, happy child
- Tools for solving common parenting problems
- Strategies for coping with the challenges of raising children
- Timely automatic delivery directly to your inbox
- Available in English and Spanish
- Access to full-color PDFs for printing and sharing
- Links to podcasts, videos, and other resources
- Commercial free — no toy or product ads
- Based on research and written by experts who are parents themselves
All newsletters are great for grandparents, too.
Subscribe online: https://jitp.info/
Just in Time Parenting is the result of ongoing partnership between several land-grant universities in the U.S. and is managed by a national board on which Wisconsin has representation. The newsletters are designed so that information that’s relevant to families is automatically delivered to them just in time!
Are you going through the break-up of a relationship? Although it’s difficult for everyone in the family, the good news is that research shows us how to ease the stress and minimize the negative impact on children.
Parents Forever™ is an excellent resource to help your children through this stressful transition and help you to build skills that will enable you to be an effective co-parent. The class is held locally on a quarterly basis.
This online article by Gary Direnfeld, MSW,RSW, can help you understand what happens when separated parents meddle in each other’s parenting.