When you became a parent, did you receive specific training on how to handle temper tantrums, how to manage complex family budgets with limited resources, how to deal with the needs of a teenager and how to prepare your child for the real world? Probably not!
Most careers provide and even require on-going professional development. Why should it be any different for you as a leader in your family? You will find parenting education can give you ideas and tips AND make parenting FUN! With that in mind, we are continuously working on opportunities that will allow you to access information when you want it to help reduce the stress parenting brings, add more fun to your family, and help you transition through changes that occur.
- Two great parenting online offerings: eParenting®, an excellent resource on how to connect with your teens through technology. MyParenthetical is a place where parents of tweens and teens can learn, share and connect.
- Expecting a baby, parenting a toddler or preschooler – Just In Time Parenting provides information when you need it!
- Needing information across a wide span of ages? Check out Parenting and Family Relationships.
- Experiencing a family transition such as divorce, separation, change in custody? Parents Forever™ offers excellent resources to families experiencing such transitions. Stay tuned for up-coming classes including Love and Logic® available in Crawford County – Please check back often!
- Are you looking for parent savvy ways to build, nurture and connect with your developing teens through use of technology. eParenting® aims to show that digital media can be a positive and powerful parenting tool!
- MyParenthetical is a place where you can share your parenting thoughts and questions, connect with other parents who are experiencing similar issues, and receive trustworthy information on parenting and teen development?
Just in Time Parenting provides information when you need it!!
Becoming a parent is an exciting change in your life. But it can be a stressful and trying time too.
- JUST IN TIME PARENTING PRENATAL newsletters cover each trimester of pregnancy and help you prepare for birth and beyond!
Get FREE messages on your cell phone to help you through your pregnancy and your baby’s first year. This service is an educational program of the National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition.
- In the JUST IN TIME PARENTING NEWBORN and 1ST YEAR newsletters you’ll find out from child development experts how your baby changes during each month of the first year. Subscribe to the newsletter and you will get the latest information on child development, nutrition, health, safety, child care, changes in family life, and much more.
- Being a parent gets more exciting as your toddler learns to talk, play with you and others, and make decisions. Your toddler’s curiosity will delight you, as well as frustrate and tire you. JUST IN TIME PARENTING SECOND and THIRD YEAR’S newsletters provide you with information from child development experts how your toddler changes during each two month period of time. Guiding and caring for your child these next two years will take a lot of your attention, encouragement, patience, humor – and a sense of wonder..
- FOURTH and FIFTH YEAR JUST IN TIME PARENTING newsletters are designed for parents and caregivers of preschool age children. This monthly newsletter focuses on a different topic each month. Check out the current issue as well as all those that are archived.
Are you going through the break-up of a relationship? Although it’s difficult for everyone in the family, the good news is that research shows us how to ease the stress and minimize the negative impact on children.
Parents Forever™ is an excellent resource to help your children through this stressful transition and help you to build skills that will enable you to be an effective co-parent. The class is held locally on a quarterly basis.
This online article by Gary Direnfeld, MSW,RSW, can help you understand what happens when separated parents meddle in each other’s parenting.